Thursday, May 6, 2010

Graffiti Drawing


For this drawing I thought of everything that I thought was graffiti, something simple and street. When I think of graffiti, I always see some words or images spray painted on a brick wall so I went with that idea. I decided to use the brick wall idea as the back ground for the piece and I think it really did the drawing justice. I really wanted to challenge myself by drawing something that I don't usually draw and a skeleton or skull was the first thing that came to mind. For the wording, I thought about how this was my chance to show people what I can draw with materials that I'm not comfortable with and difficult subjects, being that I've never drawn with ink or drawn skeletons before, so I came up with the phrase our time. I think it's simple, short, and to the point. Overall I'm very happy with how the piece came out, the middle values came out better than i had expected so I think that this was a breat starting piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment