Thursday, May 6, 2010

Comic Panel Drawing


This Drawing proved rather difficult for me. I really had to get inside my own head and zone everything out to do this drawing. So I decided to first draw my living room and sectioned it off. At this point I just started creating little worlds inside each sectioned off quadrant. At the time the Olympics was going on, so I was thinking about that and incorporated it into the middle section. As for the rest of the drawing I thought about ciyscapes or snything inconographic, things that would humor people. So at that point the UPS boxes idea and the Mac. batman signal came to me right away. Then the smaller stuff such as star wars themed ships and simple disigns like musical notes and such came. Overall I think it was a successful drawing, it really made me think outside the box but it was a good genre to push how I thought about the process of doing a drawing. I'm used to going with ideas already on paper and this drawing I just went with the flow, I drew things based on what I could make out of the living room setting itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment