Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cup Creation/Kitsch Drawing


When I seen the cups wrapped up on the table in class, I must admit I was pretty nervous to see what was in them but also excited. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to create a drawing with randomdark objects in this cup along with making it Kitschy. Once I seen that there was a fortune telling card in there, the rest of the drawing just came together on it's own. The card had a perfect setting on it to set the scene, a big house in the old country with a fence and trimmed shrubbery surrounding it. There was also a girl designed on the back of the card so I took the clothing that the girl was wearing and put it on my girl in the drawing, I kind of hid the rest of the objects in the drawing, but you didn't have to look to hard to find them. My biggest obstacle was trying to use all of these different medias to correspond with each other. So I used the strategy of putting all of my pastels on top of the ink and it layered perfectly and it came out well. I was really happy with the way it turned out, the drawing design wasn't as challenging as i thought it would be, it was more so that the materials and mediums I had to combined to make it all work.

No comments:

Post a Comment